This year marks the 20th anniversary of Scope’s Annual Backgammon and Bridge Tournament hosted at the RAC in London.
The event takes place at at The Royal Automobile Club (RAC), one of London’s finest private members’ clubs. Offering it’s members and those looking to join in the opportunity to compete in their backgammon and bridge tournament.
Geoffrey Parker’s Involvement
As many of our readers are probably aware we often get involved in competitions and tournaments. What better competition or tournament to get involved in than a charity event.
We’ve been sponsoring the competition for a number of years and will be sad to see it commence its final year. The event offers the opportunity for players young, old, casual or professional to all join in and enjoys the competion in the name of charity.
At Scope they strive for equality of both disabled and non-disabled people; they provide advice, support, helplines and online communities. They strive and campaign for everyday equality for people in our society; with their growing popularity, they use their collective power to change attitudes and injustice.
What To Expect At The RAC Scope Event
There are three competitions:
- Backgammon Masters Flight for experienced backgammon players (32 places)
- Backgammon Swiss Championship for social backgammon players (64 places)
- Bridge tournament (duplicate and 10 tables of 4 players)
- Champagne reception
- Brunch hosted by celebrity Rick Edwards
- Afternoon tea
- Instant prize draw with prizes donated by leading luxury brands
- Live auction
- Trophies, prizes and bespoke Geoffrey Parker backgammon boards for the Masters and Swiss Championship tournament winners
Join The Event
Visit the RAC Scope event website to join the event.